Rewarding Deserving CNOM Members
Beyond the scientific activities, CNOM’s scope includes nomination of deserving members for awards. The CNOM Best Paper Award is given to deserving and outstanding papers that have been published during the previous two years in conferences supported by CNOM. Individual CNOM members can make suggestions for such nominations at any point in time by sending an email to the award committee chair (email@example.com). The award committee members will review each suggestion and support a nomination as appropriate. The call for nominations will be announced through the CNOM mailing list.
CNOM Best Paper Award
The recipients of the CNOM TC Best Paper Award award are:
- 2023: Mayer, Andrea, Lorenzo Bracciale, Paolo Lungaroni, Pierpaolo Loreti, Stefano Salsano, and Giuseppe Bianchi. eBPF Programming Made Easy with eCLAT. 18th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM 2022).
- 2022: Ding, Damu, Marco Savi, and Domenico Siracusa. Estimating logarithmic and exponential functions to track network traffic entropy in P4. NOMS 2020-2020 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium. IEEE, 2020.
- 2021: Abbas Abou Daya, Mohammad A. Salahuddin, Noura Limam and Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo, Canada). A Graph-Based Machine Learning Approach for Bot Detection. 16th IFIP/IEEE International symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2019)
- 2020: Farnaz Moradi (Ericsson Research), Rolf Stadler (KTH The Royal Institute of Technology), and Andreas Johnsson (Ericsson Research). Performance Prediction in Dynamic Clouds using Transfer Learning, 16th IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM 2019)
The current committee members are:
- Carol Fung, Concordia University, Canada – Chair
- Young-Tak Kim, Yeungnam University, Korea
- Pal Varga, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Weverton Cordeiro, UFRGS, Brazil
- Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy
- March 24, 2023
1. Only papers that have been published in conferences, held during 2021 and 2022, and supported by CNOM, are eligible.
2. Self-nominations are accepted.
3. The TPC chairs of events supported or endorsed by the CNOM are encouraged to nominate papers. Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “ComSoc CNOM Best Paper Award Nomination” and should include the following data:
- Title of Paper:
- Author List:
- Author contact info (email address only):
- Conference where published:
- DOI link if available:
- Nominee name and email address:
4. Include as attachment to the email:
- A PDF copy of the paper
- A nomination justification providing the rationale for the nomination (this can be in the body of the email).
- If possible, reviewers’ reports of the paper (PDF or text)
5. The award committee members may also conduct their own assessment to identify additional potential candidate papers.