CNOM Best Paper Award
Rewarding Deserving CNOM Members
Beyond the scientific activities, CNOM’s scope includes nomination of deserving members for awards. Individual CNOM members can make suggestions for such nominations at any point in time by sending an email to any of the current CNOM officers. The officers will review each suggestion and support a nomination as appropriate. The current CNOM secretary will also solicit suggestions for such nominations at least once a year via the CNOM mailing list.
CNOM Best Paper Award
The recipients of the CNOM TC Best Paper Award award are:
- 2020: Farnaz Moradi (Ericsson Research), Rolf Stadler (KTH The Royal Institute of Technology), and Andreas Johnsson (Ericsson Research). Performance Prediction in Dynamic Clouds using Transfer Learning, 16th IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM 2019)
A best paper selection committee is formed; an initial term of a member of the committee is for two years, renewable for another two years. The current members are:
- Carol Fung (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA) – Chair
- Carlos Raniery Paula dos Santos (UFSM, Brazi)
- Marinos Charalambides (U. College London, UK)
- Young-Tak Kim (Yeungnam University, South Korea)
- 2021 Nominations: TBA
1. Only papers that have been published in conferences, held during 2018 and 2019, and supported by CNOM, are eligible. The list of conferences endorsed by our Internet Technical Committee in 2018 and 2019, thus eligible for the best paper award, contains:
- IFIP/IEEE Integrated Management Symposium (IM) – 2019
- IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) – 2018
- International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM) – 2018 and 2019
- Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS) – 2019
- Latin-America Network Operations and Management Symposium (LANOMS) – 2019
- IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft) – 2018 and 2019
- Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN) – 2018 and 2019
- Conference on Network of the Future (NoF) – 2018 and 2019
- Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN) – 2018 and 2019
- International Teletraffic Congress (ITC) – 2018 and 2019
- Conference on Blockchain Research & Applications for Innovative Networks and Services (BRAINS) – 2019
- IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) – 2018 and 2019
- IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) – 2018 and 2019
2. Self-nominations are accepted.
3. The TPC chairs of events supported or endorsed by the CNOM are encouraged to nominate papers. Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
with subject line “ComSoc CNOM Best Paper Award Nomination”.
Nominations should include the following data:
- Title of Paper:
- Author List:
- Author contact info (email address only):
- Conference where published:
- DOI link if available:
- Nominee name and email address:
4. Include as attachment to the email:
- A PDF copy of the paper
- A nomination justification providing the rationale for the nomination (this can be in the body of the email).
- If possible, reviewers’ reports of the paper (PDF or text)
The award committee members may also conduct their own assessment to identify additional potential candidate papers.