The CNOM Young Professional Award (YPA) recognizes outstanding research contribution and leadership for young professionals in the field of network and service management. To be eligible, an individual must have earned the first professional degree (e.g. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) within the past 15 years. The YPA winner shall be announced each year during the IM/NOMS conferences.
CNOM Young Professional Award
The recipients of the CNOM Young Professional Award are:
- 2023: Dr. Nashid Shahriar (University of Regina, Canada)
- 2022: Dr Maria Torres (Ghent University, Belgium)
- 2021: Daphné Tuncer (Imperial College London, UK); Shihabur Rahman Chowdhury (Huawei Research Canada)
The current committee members are:
- Nur Zincir-Heywood, Dalhousie University, Canada (chair)
- Prosper Chemouil, CNAM, France
- Zuqing Zhu, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
- Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
- Taghrid Samak, Meta, USA
- March 24, 2023
- Earned the first professional degree within the past 15 years.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominations must be submitted by email to email@example.com with subject line “ComSoc CNOM Young Professional Award Nomination” and should include the following data:
- Nominee name and email address
- A nomination justification providing the rationale for the nomination (this can be in the body of the email)
- DBLP and/or Google Scholar links
- The award committee members may also conduct their own assessment to identify additional potential candidates.